Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Tiger’s Tummy review of La Salsa's

Jnewman
As December, Christmas, and the winter season fast approaches I look around campus to see runny noses, tissue stuffed pockets, and green hued faces and it appears the flu season is already upon us. Upon seeing these first warning signs I run to C3 and purchase an extra large bottle of Purel, Lysol, and an any other item short of a gas mask that would help me avoid the inevitable college plague season.
Jnewman
Despite these precautions by my writing of this piece my nose runs my, my trash can overflows with tissues, and my lungs feel like they’re two coughs from exciting my body. In celebration with the coming flew season I thought I would like to talk about one of my favorite flew remedies. The 24 hour taco house located on San Pedro ave. called La Salsa’s. 
La Salsa’s is located within walking distance of campus and boasts 24 hour service every day except Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. While this schedule is very annoying and easy to forget it seems a small price to pay when La Salsa’s is open at 4 am when I wake up coughing and in a need of a warm bowl of tortilla soup with just enough spice to clear the sinuses.  
A godsend during finals week La Salsa’s wait staff are courteous and fast in there preparation and delivery of your food. While the cuisine is standard Tex-mex fair it definitely is a step below other establishments such as Alamo café, and Taco Taco. Despite this the Tortillas are still warm and the general menu fairly delicious as well. 
On top of these attributes La Salsa’s is very affordable but not especially the world greatest value.
In short La Salsa’s has pretty good food, is super close to campus, a fairly good value, has good service, and a large amount of  post clubbing drunk people to provide hysterical comedy ambiance. I give La Salsa’s 6.5 out of ten Tiger paws. A fairly good restaurant but its only defining factor is how late it stays open. 
Creative Commons License
Alamo cafe pics by John Newman is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment